IT'S ABOUT THE PEOPLE
Does mediocrity and 'it's good enough' thinking make you cringe? Are you a passionate, driven expert in your domain and ready to take charge in a key role? Then, let's talk. We've built a world-class company by partnering with people like you who've put us on the Inc. 500 'Fastest-Growing Company' list and the global billion dollar brand fast track. Seem like a good fit?
Please email a copy of your C.V. and a brief covering letter, listing the job title as subject line to: email@example.com
Who are we?
Join a world-class, profitable, hyper growth company with a seasoned executive team. Stella & Dot is a boutique style jewellery company that sells online and through work-from-home Independent Consultants at in home trunk shows. We are re-inventing the $100 Billion home-based business channel by combining the best of e-commerce, social networking and retail with irresistible style and exceedingly personal service. Our mission is to revolutionise entrepreneurial opportunities for women (and a few good men) by reinventing the category and creating the modern business opportunity, our social selling platform. Stella & Dot has been featured in The Sunday Times, Daily Mail and in countless fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Grazia.
We are growing – fast! Stella & Dot launched in Europe in 2011 and is already impacting the lives of over 4,000 independent business owners who have collectively earned over €11m in commission.
You will be part of a team that is leading an innovative business model that combines online & in-home style sessions, social shopping, and ecommerce. You will drive overall brand and acquisition initiatives to enable our Stella & Dot Stylists to grow their businesses with marketing materials, event marketing, and digital marketing and ecommerce campaigns. Stella & Dot is a people company above all else, and our mission is the success of our independent business owners.
You will be a strategic, creative, and resourceful leader who can also roll up your sleeves to make things happen – over time, you will build out a team of rockstars to further our mission.
The ideal, candidate will have a unique combination of, a) the passion and ability to build a European lovemark brand b) a driven, entrepreneurial spirit, ready to innovate an industry with a powerfully modern approach focused on social commerce and (c) a love of people and extraordinary leadership skills. If ‘mediocrity’ and ‘just good enough’ make you cringe, if you are an optimist by nature, uber strategic, driven and ready to take charge in building a world-class brand, this could be the role for you.
REPORTING TO // Product Management
LOCATION // Barcelona, Spain or London, UK
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Stella & Dot is looking for an entrepreneurial Director of Product Management to join our team. Product Managers at Stella & Dot work on groundbreaking initiatives that have significant revenue impact for the business and life changing impact for our Stylists. Our products are designed to delight our customers and make our Stylists more productive. In this role, you will lead a small team of Product Managers focused on the growth of our Keep Collective brand. You will work closely with cross-functional partners from an early stage to ensure the successful design, build, and launch of capabilities that support the growth of this business.
You will be a highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in product management. You will be comfortable getting your hands dirty, building a roadmap, and driving features directly with Engineering. You will manage 2-3 product managers, providing them guidance and mentorship as they grow their careers. You will be passionate about leveraging technology to revolutionize entrepreneurial home based work opportunities. This role will work with our Engineering team based in Europe (primarily Barcelona) and collaborate with partners based in our headquarters in San Bruno, California. You will need to be willing to adjust your work schedule to have some overlap with partners based in the Pacific time zone.
- Set product strategy, plan short-term and long-term product improvements to meet business goals, and measure success using product health metrics and user feedback
- Manage a high performing team of product managers
- Work closely with the General Manager of Keep Collective, Field Development, Marketing, Customer Support, and User Experience teams to understand business priorities.
- Take responsibility for driving decisions with regard to feature/timeline tradeoffs, and all other product related decisions
- Apply a structured approach to product management including the use of analytics to justify decisions and optimize performance.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation approach as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Lead agile product development process including backlog grooming, sprint planning and prioritization sessions and daily stand-ups
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience in a high-tech business
- Motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically but execute with an attention to detail
- Strong technical acumen with an ability to evaluate and understand technology solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree from a top tier school. Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred.
NICE TO HAVE:
- A/B testing experience
- Previous work in the retail industry
- Integration with back-end systems such as payment, order management, inventory, warehouse